Tuesday, May 8, 2018

DIY Water Bead Diffuser-Easiest Essential Oil DIY Ever!

Hello hello! If this is your first time visiting my blog, welcome! I’m so happy you’ve stopped by! Lately I’ve been blogging about DIY’s that I’ve enjoyed putting together and sharing. It’s been a lot of fun to perfect, make, and share them with y’all and I hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as I have! If you have then I think you’ll love the really simply DIY I have for you today!

I’ve had my newest DIY sitting on my bathroom counter and it makes me smile every time I see it. It was SO easy to make and cost me $2! Yay for Dollar Tree! Ready to know what it is?? It’s a Water Bead Diffuser! You just need 3 things to make this diffuser and make your bathroom (or any room you’d like to keep it in) smell amazing! Here’s what you’ll need to make it:

-Water beads
-Glass container
-doTERRA essential oil of your choice

 -Let your water beads grow to full size then place the amount needed to fill up your choice of glass container
-Add 5 drops of an essential oil every 3-5 days for a fresh smelling bathroom (or wherever  you'll be keeping your diffuser)
-Add enough water to fill up about 1/8 of your container (AKA just a little bit of water for those of you who don't need specifics haha)



You'll need to replenish the water when you notice your beads are starting to shrink back to their smaller size. I add essential oil to the diffuser every 3-5 days. I've been loving Lime for our bathroom! It's a very fresh, clean smell. Try out a few and see which you prefer.
Here are a few of my suggested EO's for your water bead diffuser; Lime, Lemon, Wild Orange, Purify, Cedarwood, Cypress, Peppermint, Vetiver, or a combination of two of these.

I bought clear, un-scented water beads (it’s very important to make sure they’re un-scented for this DIY) from Dollar Tree and dyed them with food coloring. This is totally up to personal preference. You can use them as they are or buy colored ones from somewhere like Amazon. I bought these from Amazon for additional water bead diffusers for our guest bathroom as well as a few other DIY's I've got planned.
I purchased the glass vase I used for this diffuser from Dollar Tree as well. It's worked great!

That's about it! This one is super simple, yet oh so practical. You can stop here or decorate your container by adding some lace, ribbon, or anything else you can think of to dress it up. If that's not your thing that's completely alright. It looks so charming as is!

If you make one and love it I would be thrilled to hear you tried this DIY out! If you have older kids get them involved, water beads are fun for all ages! Let them choose their color of water beads, a glass container, and what essential oil they'd like to use.

Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by, come again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment